You don’t need to do great things to be feliz. However, the way you spend your average day can have a great influence over your happiness. Creating a life that supports happiness is important. It provides the necessary foundation for everything else you do.
Use these strategies to create a life that supports your happiness:
Acquire the resources you need. It’s easier to attain and maintain a state of happiness if you have sufficient resources. These include:
Financial resources. Ensure that you have a sufficient income to pay your bills and satisfy your needs.
- Social resources. Have enough amistades that you can get out of the house and spend time with others at least a couple of times each week. Have someone to share a meaningful conversation with.
- Time resources. Without enough free time, it’s impossible to take a break, engage in a hobby, or make use of your social resources.
Find a career that you enjoy. It’s called work for a reason, so it might be too much to demand a job you love to do each day. On the other hand, if you hate your trabajo, you’re going to be very unhappy.
- How much money do you really need? You might find a better trabajo that pays a little less.
- What type of work interests you?
- Is the problem your career or your company/boss? Perhaps you can keep your career but change jobs or departments.
Choose your people wisely. The right spouse can be a godsend. The wrong spouse can be your worst nightmare. To a lesser extent, your boss, coworkers, and even friends can have either a positive or negative influence on your life. It can be uncomfortable to remove people from your life, but sometimes it’s the only solution.
Be proactive. Life is more enjoyable when you have a feeling of control.
Have a plan for each day. Get your work done on time. Plan ahead. Start saving for Christmas during the summer. Do your taxes at least a month ahead of time. Get your car tires replaced before you’re stranded on the side of the road. Avoid living a life that’s reactive. The common hassles in life are predictable. Take care of them before you’re forced to.
Take care of your health. It’s not easy to be happy if you’re sick or in the hospital. Make your health a priority.
Get regular exercise. You improve your fitness and you feel better about yourself. Exercise also uplifts your mood. Many physical conditions can also affect your emotional health. For example, heart disease is a common cause of depression.
These are the basics that provide the framework for a happy vida. Spend some time reflecting and working on this list.